Jonesy's Babble

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." Ash, Army of Darkness

 
Bloggers
Alan Lepofsky
Andrew Pollack
Bruce Elgort
Chris Linfoot
Chris Whisonant
Curt Stone
Ed Brill
Jake Howlett
Joe Litton
Julian Robichaux
Mac Guidera
Paul Mooney
Phil Randolph
Philip Storry
Richard Schwartz
Rocky Oliver
Wild Bill Buchan
Space: Above and Beyond
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
I'm normally not a big fan of television shows, preferring movies over tv, but there are a few shows out there I like. I've watched the Prison Break episodes so far and, while it's no 24, it could turn out to be a really good show. Smallville is another along with The Simpsons, of course, and ones likes NewsRadio (gotta be my favorite and can't wait for the rest of the seasons on dvd), Seinfeld and the first few seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

There's also been a few short-lived ones I really liked such as Andy Richter Controls the Universe and two from back in the mid-late 90s; Roar (which you can catch on the Sci-Fi channel) and Space: Above and Beyond.

I remember watching Space: Above and Beyond with my dad back when I was a sophomore in High School. I had mostly forgotten about the show until channel surfing one day during my last year or two in college and the Sci-Fi channel on Thursday's would have a mini-marathon of it showing 3-4 episodes back-to-back. I've been waiting for it to come out on dvd ever since and would do a google search every so often to see if I could find any info about it coming out but could never find anything but rumors. Thus my surprise when looking through a Best Buy add I saw that it came out today. Being a good fan, I had to go pick it up and while there I also had to get the newest Dragonball Z movie - can't believe I'm addicted to that cartoon...

Anyway, can't wait to start watching Space: Above and Beyond because I never saw the last few episodes to see how the show ended. Hopefully it won't be a let down as it has years of hype to live up to. I think most Sci-Fi fans would enjoy it so check the link above and maybe you could always find it to rent to check it out.
posted by David Jones @ 10:14 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: David Jones
Home: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
- MLB 2005 - update
- Domino moves to eServer i5 520 box!
- Top 100 Hits The Year I Graduated
- Priceless!!
- Racquetball tonight
- Sendmail headaches
- The Autumn Effect / Extra innings disasters
- Sendmail and Webmin
- Hot 100
- MLB 2006 for the PS2
Archives
Links
Taking Notes Podcast
The Morning News
TMN - The Non-Expert
Google News
Lotus Notes Wikipedia
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER