Jonesy's Babble

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." Ash, Army of Darkness

 
Bloggers
Alan Lepofsky
Andrew Pollack
Bruce Elgort
Chris Linfoot
Chris Whisonant
Curt Stone
Ed Brill
Jake Howlett
Joe Litton
Julian Robichaux
Mac Guidera
Paul Mooney
Phil Randolph
Philip Storry
Richard Schwartz
Rocky Oliver
Wild Bill Buchan
Roger Clemens (can you say "eight-time Cy Young winner")
Thursday, September 15, 2005
ESPN article.

I think a lot of the voters were wanting to be able to vote for Clemens - with him being 43, having an incredibly low ERA and still having a good record even with the extreme lack of run support he gets - and I think they now have that little push to do just that. My sympathy and prayers go out to him and his family.
posted by David Jones @ 10:30 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Chris Whisonant said…

    Even as a die-hard Yankees fan, I have always liked the Rocket (is that possible?). I've even had one of his Rookie cards for forever.

    I hate to hear that about his mother as well... My thoughts are with him and his family.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger David Jones said…

    I know what you mean. As a die-hard Yanks fan I'm also an ENORMOUS Clemens fan. No telling how many baseball cards of his I have, including some of his rookie cards. I remember watching him in the '86 World Series pitching against the Mets and since then I've been a fan. Even heading down to Houston at the end of this month to see him pitch at Minute Maid against the Cubs. It would have killed me last year (and maybe this year) if Houston and New York end up in the World Series.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Chris Whisonant said…

    LOL, I hear that. It would be a good Series! I've only been to one MLB game - Yanks @ Orioles back in 95 I believe. It was great. Enjoy the game!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: David Jones
Home: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
- Sports weekend
- Space: Above and Beyond
- MLB 2005 - update
- Domino moves to eServer i5 520 box!
- Top 100 Hits The Year I Graduated
- Priceless!!
- Racquetball tonight
- Sendmail headaches
- The Autumn Effect / Extra innings disasters
- Sendmail and Webmin
Archives
Links
Taking Notes Podcast
The Morning News
TMN - The Non-Expert
Google News
Lotus Notes Wikipedia
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER