Jonesy's Babble

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." Ash, Army of Darkness

 
Bloggers
Alan Lepofsky
Andrew Pollack
Bruce Elgort
Chris Linfoot
Chris Whisonant
Curt Stone
Ed Brill
Jake Howlett
Joe Litton
Julian Robichaux
Mac Guidera
Paul Mooney
Phil Randolph
Philip Storry
Richard Schwartz
Rocky Oliver
Wild Bill Buchan
Sendmail and Webmin
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Today I got my first real good look at Sendmail on my webserver. I'm using the common LAMP approach with SUSE Professional 9.1 being my Linux OS. Right now I've got a php function which hits a Domino server to handle all the email notifications from the site but I really want the box to be self sufficient and let the Domino server just handle the corporate emails.

Sendmail was simple to install but all the configurations looked a little overwhelming. Luckily I ran across this neat little program called Webmin. It gives you a graphical interface into a lot of your configurations like Apache, MySQL, Sendmail, SpamAssassin, Squid, SSH, etc - a very handle tool. So I go through the Sendmail configurations, restart Sendmail but no luck in sending emails. I didn't have much time to troubleshoot at all so that's where I'll start in the morning and hopefully have it up and running with ease.
posted by David Jones @ 10:03 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: David Jones
Home: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
- Hot 100
- MLB 2006 for the PS2
Archives
Links
Taking Notes Podcast
The Morning News
TMN - The Non-Expert
Google News
Lotus Notes Wikipedia
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER