Jonesy's Babble

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." Ash, Army of Darkness

 
Bloggers
Alan Lepofsky
Andrew Pollack
Bruce Elgort
Chris Linfoot
Chris Whisonant
Curt Stone
Ed Brill
Jake Howlett
Joe Litton
Julian Robichaux
Mac Guidera
Paul Mooney
Phil Randolph
Philip Storry
Richard Schwartz
Rocky Oliver
Wild Bill Buchan
Hot 100
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Earlier in the summer I bought a road bike. I have some friends who go riding a lot and they've been trying to talk me into getting one for over year and I finally gave in. One of them told me about this ride in August called the Hot 100.

I thought about registering for the ride and doing the 62-mile option (not in good enough shape to do the whole 100 miles) so I wanted to go see what the route was like before registering. Two Saturday's ago we did the 31-mile route - ended up going about 36 because we went on part of the old route - in a little over 2 hours so the average was around 15.6 mph.

Yesterday, Matt and I went to do the 62-mile route. The first 20 miles and the last 10 miltes are the same as the 31-mile route. The 62 takes you from Blackman High School to Christiana (where the 31-mile ride turns back to go to Blackman), to Fosterville, to Bell Buckle, then to some back roads that take you back to Blackman. About 45 miles in we had the option of cutting out a 4 mile loop which I wanted to take - lots of hills on the 62 route along with the blazing hot sun had sapped my energy - so I ended up going about 58 miles in a little less than 4 hours (around 14.5 mph). I was a little disappointed in the overall time but the longest I had gone before was 42 miles and there was nowhere near the amount of hills that were on this ride, so I guess it wasn't too bad. The worst part was the last 20 miles. Fairly flat, which was nice because you could keep a decent speed, but very very little shade so it was extremely hot. I thought I was going to die. Guess the name of the ride is fitting.

As it turns out, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make the ride on the 27th as our new AS400's will be in at work and I get to spend the weekend doing upgrades and conversions. But that'll be a story for that weekend.
posted by David Jones @ 1:14 PM  
0 Comments:
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: David Jones
Home: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
- MLB 2006 for the PS2
Archives
Links
Taking Notes Podcast
The Morning News
TMN - The Non-Expert
Google News
Lotus Notes Wikipedia
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER